Virgin Atlantic wants to help eight single Americans find love in the UK with a new ‘Tickets to Love’ competition that includes upgrades as well as a one-night stay at a fancy hotel. But I’m not sure when…
Virgin Atlantic Tickets To Love Contest
Only? Looking for a suitable mate…or something? Virgin Atlantic invites you to submit an essay of no more than 150 words explaining why you are interested in finding love in the UK and what romance you hope to find when you arrive.
The essay will be judged on the following basis:
- Originality/Creativity (25%)
- Most Persuasive Essay (50%)
- Ability to evoke emotion in judges (25%)
Eight winners will receive a special prize including:
- An upper class (business class) ticket from New York (JFK) to London (LHR) on March 11, 2022, returning on March 13, 2022
- Access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at JFK
- Advice from “dating expert” Jared Haibon (of Bachelor in Paradisenot that I ever watched the program…)
- A reading of love from a medium
- One night stay at The Standard hotel in London
“The flight will include a glass of champagne on boarding, a delicious 3-course meal service, and a chance to meet other travelers in The Loft social area in the cabin.”
“Dating is hard – harder today than it has ever been. But travel does have a way of opening minds and opening hearts, so hopefully we can help change the lives of a few singles ready to finally meet their partner.
I’m not a dating expert myself, but I know the currency of love is time, so I’m not sure a day and night will be long enough to forge meaningful relationships. Maybe it should be called the “one-night stand” contest.
The fine print says the contest is only open to Americans 18 and older who “are not in a committed romantic relationship as of the date of entry.” Guess the progressive Virgin Atlantic isn’t quite ready to embrace polyamory…
I am facetious, of course. It’s a cool contest.
It’s quite a fun contest even if you stay in your room and sleep. I would definitely be up for a trip to London in an upper class, even if it was just for one night. But if you want to win, you’re going to have to be single and very creative.
picture: Virgin Atlantic