FRANKLIN, Tenn. – First-year student Kynadie Adams used four birdies on its final 13 holes en route to a one-under par 71 to lead the Alabama women’s golf team in Friday’s Mason Rudolph Championship opener. As a team, the 17e-ranked Crimson Tide is in a three-way tie for ninth alongside No. 8 LSU and No. 19 Georgia with a team total of 9 of 297.
Adams recorded a season-low round with his 18-hole score and was one of 17 to shoot under par that day. Benedetta Moresco and Taylor Kehoe are tied 39e with both carding a 3-over par 75, while Sarah Edwards is a back shot in a tie for 48e with a 4 out of 76. Isabelle van der Biest complete the tide in 70e (80).
The tournament, which is the second of four events this fall for the Crimson Tide, is being played on the 6,449-yard, par-72 Vanderbilt Legends Club North Course.
- Adams’ best round of the season put his three shots behind the club leaders (tied at three to 4 under par 68) entering Saturday’s second round
- After shooting 1 on her first nine, she closed her last nine holes with three birdies and a bogey to result in her first under-par round of her college career.
- Kehoe’s 73 was the season’s best score for the Tide rookie as his two birdies were the second-highest of the day among UA golfers
- Meanwhile, Moresco’s only fault on her front nine was a bogey on the No. 2, but she then added a double bogey on the par 4 11e hole helped result in total of 3 on
- Alabama’s 60 first-round pars were fourth-best in the 14-team field
- No. 23 Arizona (-6, 282) holds the clubhouse lead with a shot over No. 26 Vanderbilt (-5, 283)
- No. 30 Mississippi State (-4.284) is third, followed by No. 25 Kentucky (+1.298) and No. 13 Auburn (+3.291) to complete the top five teams
- The Crimson Tide will enter the mobile day six shots behind the top five teams
- The field consists of 14 teams, including six ranked in the nation’s top 25
- In addition to No. 17 Alabama, other ranked teams include No. 8 LSU, No. 13 Auburn, No. 19 Georgia, No. 23 Arizona, No. 25 Kentucky, No. 26 Vanderbilt , No. 28 Ohio State and No. 28. 30 Mississippi
For all the latest team news, follow @AlabamaWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. General sports news can be found @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.