Applications from 12/31/21
Date posted: November 3, 2021
Site: Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
The Las Cruces Aquatic Team is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Head Coach for a full-time position in sunny Las Cruces, New Mexico. The team has approximately 90 swimmers year round, from development to elite. We are looking for a Head Coach to lead and develop our team, while maintaining a positive environment that fosters hard work, team unity and a love of the sport. Outstanding candidates are motivated, inspiring to swimmers of all skill levels, and can demonstrate their ability to bring a team of diverse swimming abilities together into a cohesive unit.
- 3 or more years of experience in a Head Coach or Age Group Head Coach position
- ASCA level 2 certificate or equivalent
- Current USA Swimming Coach Member in good standing
- Athletes’ training experience at least at the section level
- Demonstrates a vision for the development and progression of athletes
- Ability to provide skills, techniques, training development and motivation to swimmers at all levels from development to elite
- Knowledge of the development of swimmers out of the water, including drylands, nutrition and mental health
- Skilled at encouraging and enabling swimmers to set and achieve high but achievable, defined and measurable goals
- Excellent organizational and planning skills including for short and long term team activities, practices and competitions
- Strong interpersonal skills including open communication with parents, swimmers, coaching staff, facility managers, neighbor teams and community liaison officers
- Effective in leading, managing and mentoring a team of coaches, on and off deck
- Clear understanding of finance and budgeting
- Good knowledge of USA Swimming Safe Sport policies
- Familiarity with TeamUnify and the Meet Manager and Team Manager software from HY-TEK
Environment of the aquatic team of Las Cruces:
- Our team is led by a non-profit 501 (c) (3) board of directors who seek to collaborate with and support the head coach.
- The head coach will directly coach at least one group, including the senior group
- Professional development opportunities available, including continuing coach education
- Supporting the health and well-being of the head coach and coaching staff is a priority of the board
- Las Cruces sits in the heart of southern New Mexico, where we enjoy 300 days of sunshine a year, nestled among miles of outdoor trails and the beautiful Organ Mountains-Desert Peaks National Monument. This growing community is a peaceful and affordable place to live, located near El Paso, Texas and White Sands National Park.
- We currently train at two facilities, the 50-meter by 25-meter outdoor pool at New Mexico State University, as well as a 25-meter municipal indoor pool. We are excited about the new indoor municipal swimming pool (50 meter x 25 yard pool) currently under construction, estimated to be completed in October 2022.
- Compensation proportional to experience, including a set of benefits
How to register
Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and full contact details of at least three references by email to [email protected]
P.O. Box 3192
Mesilla Park, NM 88047