Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina is throwing a 4th of July party filled with activities for the whole family.
Celebrate Independence Day in Back Bay with a weekend filled with games, water sports, movies on the beach, food and drink, live entertainment and one of the world’s largest bonfires. Southern California fireworks display, co-sponsored by the City of Newport Beach.
Monday, July 4, doors open at 8 a.m. Arrive early to set up lounge chairs and umbrellas and experience all that Newport Dunes has to offer.
Check out the newly expanded inflatable water park and water sports rentals, including kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards, and the resort‘s 21-foot Duffy electric boats.
Grab a bite to eat at Moe B’s Munchies, Newport Dunes’ walk-in restaurant, serving a menu of American fare and signature cocktails, and listen to the sounds of DJ yo-b1 from the new, expanded patio.
Save room for the Food Trucks Feast with nine of the area’s favorite food trucks plus a full bar, and get your groove on just steps away with live music from The Dreamboats. Stroll through the Gazebo Lawn & Garden with lawn games, shade and music.
Take a seat on the sand after dark to watch a spectacular fireworks display, co-sponsored by the City of Newport Beach.
Reservations for on-site parking are now available for $100 for one vehicle to park in one space. Day parking will also be available for $50 in an unpaved lot next to the coastal highway and based on availability. To purchase a parking pass, visit www.NewportDunes.com.
Individual admission to Newport Dunes is free. Food, beverages, rentals and on-site parking are extra.
July 4 program
Inflatable water park and water sports rental
- When: 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Details: Purchase an inflatable water park pass or rent kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddleboards or a 21-foot Duffy electric boat (seating up to eight people). Advance reservations can be made online and are recommended for all water sports. Please note that for guest safety, any aquatic activity in the lagoon must not exceed 8:00 p.m. for the pyrotechnic show to begin.
Moe B’s Munchies – Beachfront Grill & Bar
- When: 10 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Along the promenade near the market
- Details: Delicious grilled burgers, chicken sandwiches, pizza, salads and snacks. Full bar. Enjoy live music from DJ yo-b1 on the new expanded terrace!
food truck party
- When: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Where: At the Horseshoe after Pavilion C
- Details: Trucks include Salt N’ Pepper, Drizzle, Kettle Corn King, Italian BBQ, Monkey Business Cafe, Sabroso BBQ, Foodilicious, Mom’s Kitchen and Kiki’s Cuban. A full bar will be available.
Live music by The Dreamboats
- When: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Where: On stage in Pavilion C
- Details: Bring your chair and umbrella and relax on the sand.
Groovin’ at the gazebo
- When: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Where: Gazebo Lawn & Garden
- Details: Music and fun lawn games, including Giant Jenga, Giant Connect 4 and Bean Bag Toss. No chairs, barbecues or coolers will be allowed in this area. Limited seating will be available, including tall cocktail tables.
- When: 9 p.m., Monday, July 4
- Details: The show is co-sponsored by the City of Newport Beach.
The Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort is located at 1131 Back Bay Dr. on the Back Bay.
For more information about Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort events and amenities or to make reservations, please call (949) 729-3863 or visit NewportDunes.com